Serenades at West Orange
Award-Winning Memory Care in Winter Garden, FL
Welcome to Serenades at West Orange!
Delivered in a gorgeous, purpose-built community by licensed caregivers in Winter Garden, Florida, Serenades at West Orange’s award-winning memory care program is designed to safely enhance the lives of those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia in a homelike environment. Serenades by Sonata communities are staffed by the most compassionate and most effective dementia care teams in Central Florida. At Serenades at West Orange, seniors living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias find the highest quality of support and care – and, of course, social activities and other opportunities – they need to live each day to its fullest.
Serenades at West Orange’s inviting residential design is as smart as it is beautiful. Seamlessly blending the latest high-tech safety features into our community’s three cozy and secure neighborhoods provides our residents with a comfortable, homelike environment that also supports their independence. Residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias are able to move about their home neighborhoods with safety and confidence thanks to motion sensors and secure exits, clear navigational cues and calming color schemes that reduce anxiety and confusion.
Serenades by Sonata’s licensed caregiving teams are highly trained in memory care and communications techniques that help us to provide what your loved one wants and needs to enjoy each day on their terms. Our Serenades Memory Care specialists combine renowned dementia care expert Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care and Sonata Senior Living’s own Four Ps Philosophy and Live It Up!SM programming to create truly meaningful days that are filled with purpose and accomplishment. The heart of Teepa Snow’s program is personalization with a focus on residents’ current cognitive and physical abilities, not what has been lost to dementia.
Following this approach, Serenades at West Orange provides dementia care residents with customizable means to improve their mental, physical and emotional well-being – and overall quality of life – every single day, regardless of where they are on their personal journey with memory loss. By learning our residents’ individual likes and dislikes, physical and cognitive abilities, we can, for example: schedule social events that we know bring them joy; provide aroma, music, art or pet therapies proven to soothe emotions or stimulate fond memories; choose interesting games that encourage cognitive and social engagement; make sure their favorite menu and snack items are kept in stock.
Serenades at West Orange’s team stays up to date with exciting new developments in Alzheimer’s and dementia research, as well as care experts’ best-practice recommendations, through ongoing education. This includes formal education such as professional recertification programs and continuing education courses, but also the invaluable education provided by our own group of experts – residents and their families. The more we learn about your loved one’s life story, personal interests, habits, preferences, behaviors, triggers and anticipated responses, the better we can use what we learn in the field to improve their quality of life.
Our family looks forward to welcoming yours to Serenades at West Orange!
720 Roper Road | Winter Garden, FL 34787 | 407-614-8680
Serenades at West Orange Memory & Personal Care Services
In Winter Garden, FL, Serenades by Sonata’s highly trained memory care specialists deliver a healthy dose of day-to-day assistance, expert dementia care, stimulating programming, behavior management and comforting TLC to ease residents’ anxiety, boost self-esteem and give them the physical ability and confidence to participate in the events and activities that they enjoy.
While Serenades at West Orange residents are at different stages on their personal journeys through Alzheimer’s and dementia, all require some degree of specialized memory care, medication management or supervision. Serenades at West Orange includes all basic memory care services – up to the first three levels – in residents’ convenient monthly rental fee. For those requiring advanced memory care, personal assistance or daily nursing services (as permitted by limited nursing license), an appropriate monthly care fee is added to the rent based on the level of care required. Levels of care are determined by the Serenades by Sonata wellness team based on recommendations from the individual’s physicians, therapists and family members.
|Private Suite||Starting $5,300|
|Companion Suite||Starting at $3,900|
|Memory Care Levels I–III||Included in Monthly Rent|
|Extensive Memory Care Levels IV–IX||Starting at $400 / Month|
By paying for advanced care and services only as needed, all residents benefit: Those who require minimal assistance appreciate the lower monthly rate; families of residents who require advanced memory care services appreciate that their care fees are used to directly increase their loved one’s comfort, happiness and quality of life. For example, this fee allows us to secure the most compassionate and experienced advanced-memory care staff available – and raise staffing levels as needed – for maximum attention, safety and support.
Services Included in Monthly Rent
- Daily Serenades Memory Care programming
- Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care
- Licensed nurse on-site 24/7
- Medication management and assistance
- Moderate personal care*
- Permanently assigned caregivers
- Wellness and fitness programming
- Daily hydration and nutrition program
- In-house physical and occupational therapies
- Visiting physician, dental, therapy and podiatry services
- Assistance with eating, bathing, dressing and grooming
- Incontinence management
- Supervision of meals and activities
- Increased staffing ratios
- Coordination of third-party medical providers
- Aging in place hospice partnerships*
*Based on resident assessment – exclusions apply
- Sonata Senior Living’s Live It Up!SM programming
- Neighborhood family dining and recreation
- Person-directed care
- Lifelong learning lifestyle programs
- Nurturing, homelike setting
- Individual and group activities
- Interactive lifestyle stations
- Private and public gathering areas
- Fully accessible walking paths and therapeutic gardens
- Full-service salon
- Standard cable in suites
At Your Service℠ Convenience
- Move-in coordination services
- Personal laundry and flat linen services
- Three meals and snacks daily
- 24-hour family access via proxy card
- On-site maintenance personnel
Short-Term Respite & Day Stays Are Available
Please call 407-614-8680 for current respite rates and availability at Serenades at West Orange in Winter Garden, FL.
Rates effective January 2016
Serenades by Sonata Is Always At Your Service℠
There isn’t a memory care family in Central Florida more dedicated to ensuring the comfort and happiness of all who enter. Sonata Senior Living’s signature At Your ServiceSM philosophy and our commitment to deliver an unmatched level of care, service and hospitality with dignity and respect is shared by each carefully chosen team member.
Services: Great Care Is About the People!
- Serenades caregivers hold the highest dementia care certification in Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care and receive ongoing training from Sonata’s in-house Certified Dementia Coach and Certified Dementia Care Practitioner®
- Permanently assigned caregivers means care is delivered by friendly, familiar faces, creating special bonds and building trust between residents and care teams
- Licensed nurse is on site 24/7, and is the sole administrator of medications
- Neighborhood, family-style meals with well-balanced, nutritious choices plus snacks chosen to please individual preferences and adhere to special diets
- Partnerships with third-party medical providers who make healthcare more accessible and readily available for residents. Providers include in-house primary care physicians and visiting specialists providing physical and occupational therapies as well as dental, podiatry, lab, x-ray and hospice services
- Aging in place is fostered through hospice partnerships, allowing residents to spend their final days in the peaceful surroundings of their own homes, comforted by those who know and care for them like family
Community Amenities: Better by Design
- Small neighborhoods, family dining and recreation help resident stay connected to others without feeling overwhelmed
- Nurturing, homelike setting designed with a soft, soothing color palette
- Private and public gathering areas encourage families to visit and participate in their loved one’s care
- Fully accessible, inviting courtyard, walking paths and lushly landscaped therapeutic gardens – located internally for the optimum security and safety – engage residents and make exercise enjoyable while offering a beautiful connection to the outdoors
- Dedicated family room and children’s play area offer the perfect venues for family time or watching the grandkids in a warm and inviting environment
Conveniences: At Your Service℠
- Move-in coordination services. From medical paperwork to scheduling movers, we’re here to help!
- Electronic billing, email notifications and newsletters
- Housekeeping, personal laundry and flat-linen services provided by dementia-trained, dedicated housekeeping staff committed to keeping Serenades clean and beautiful
- Interactive TVs utilize the latest software for games, movies, personal photos and more
- Family resource library and free, educational seminars help families better understand and cope with dementia’s effects on their loved ones. We provide valuable care and communication tips, plus help families make well-informed decisions regarding their loved one’s care, legal and financial matters, and so much more
- Convenient 24-hour family access to each neighborhood via proximity card ensuring safe and secure viewing
- Full-service, on-site salon keeps residents looking and feeling good!
Serenades at West Orange Features Programming That Resonates!
|Serenades at West Orange’s life-enrichments team and memory care specialists love getting to know our residents’ unique like and dislikes, abilities and interests! It’s those important personal details the enable us to mix and match the perfect activities, events, exercises – physical and cognitive – and other fun things pastimes that allow everyone in our care to Live It Up!SM for meaningful days.
Our caregivers are among the most compassionate and understanding in the industry. We are fully dedicated to raising the quality of life and overall well-being of every resident in our care through Sonata Senior Living’s Live It Up!SM philosophy, which nurtures the seven dimensions of wellness as identified by the International Council on Active Aging®:
Physical • Emotional • Intellectual • Social • Vocational • Spiritual • Environmental
Programs that promote a lifestyle filled with purpose, community, social connections and joy are coordinated by a Certified Dementia Practitioner® (CDP®) and might include:
|Serenades at West Orange’s dementia care professionals train extensively in the Positive Approach™ to Care, developed by leading dementia care expert Teepa Snow.
One of America’s leaders in Alzheimer’s care and education, Teepa Snow’s approach focuses on strengthening and maintaining the physical skills and cognitive abilities that remain rather than lamenting what has been lost. Incorporating residents’ life’s work, experiences, likes and dislikes into their daily activities is also a core element of the Positive Approach™ to Care, just as it is for our Live It Up!SM program, and residents are encouraged to choose how they spend their days.
|The relationship between Serenades by Sonata and Team Elliott Education is greatly beneficial to all Serenades at West Orange residents. Team Elliott’s creative Lifelong Learning program employs innovative technology, research and interactive educational programs that raise the standard for brain health and cognitive stimulation within senior living communities.|
|Moments of Brilliance® is Team Elliott Education’s training and coaching branch. This group is responsible for helping senior living communities create intellectual opportunities that are both age- and ability appropriate for the seniors in their care.|
|The associative properties of music remain deeply ingrained in our residents, even those with the most advanced stages of memory loss. That’s why Serenades at West Orange residents respond so favorably to the nationally recognized therapy program, MUSIC & MEMORYSM. Developed by Dan Cohen, MSW, MUSIC & MEMORYSM has the ability to calm dementia care residents who may be prone to anxiety and to stir up fond memories and happy feelings for those who could use some cheering up. Serenades at West Orange’s dementia care professionals are trained to select the right songs for the right occasions and to program personalized playlists on a resident’s iPod or similar digital device.|
Review our sample floor plans below and inquire about availability.
286 sq ft
342 sq ft
418 sq ft
Shared Suite J
481 sq ft
ALF # 12328