Serenades at Longwood
Award-winning memory care in historic Longwood
Delivered in a gorgeous, purpose-built, homelike community by licensed caregivers, Sonata Senior Living’s award-winning Serenades memory care program is specifically designed to enhance the lives of those with memory challenges, particularly those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, with safety, dignity and compassion.
Our Serenades Memory Care specialists combine renowned dementia care expert Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care and Sonata Senior Living’s Live It Up!SM programming to create truly special, meaningful days that are filled with purpose and accomplishment for each resident.
From nutritious, enjoyable dining experiences to quality entertainment, activities and memory therapies to personal care to the five-star assistance provided by our At Your ServiceSM team, Serenades at Longwood provides dementia care residents with customizable means and encouragement to boost their physical, emotional and mental well-being – and overall quality of life – every single day, regardless of where they are on their personal journey with dementia.
The physical design of Serenades at Longwood is as smart as it is beautiful. Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents are able to live as independently as possible for as long as possible here thanks to innovative safety features, technology, navigational cues and color-coded schemes that help residents roam our cozy neighborhood safely and confidently.
Serenades at Longwood’s team members are committed to staying current with exciting new developments in Alzheimer’s and dementia care research and recommendations through ongoing education. This includes formal recertification in Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care and additional continuing education, as well as the invaluable education our caregivers receive by learning each unique resident’s behaviors, triggers, likes and dislikes so we can improve their personal quality of life.
Located in historic Longwood, Florida, our family looks forward to welcoming yours to Serenades at Longwood.
425 S. Ronald Reagan Boulevard | Longwood, FL 32750 | 407-951-6450
Serenades at Longwood Memory & Personal Care Services
A healthy dose of day-to-day assistance, expert Alzheimer’s and dementia care programming, behavior management and comforting TLC eases residents’ anxiety, boosts self-esteem and gives them the physical ability and encouragement to participate in the lively events happening around them.
Virtually all memory care residents will require some form of memory care, personal assistance and supervision, so Serenades at Longwood includes many services in the monthly rent. For those requiring extensive, highly personalized memory care, assistance or daily nursing services (as permitted by limited nursing license), an additional monthly care fee is added to the rent based on the level of care required.
|Private Suite||Starting $5,300|
|Companion Suite||Starting at $3,900|
|Memory Care Levels I–III||Included in Monthly Rent|
|Extensive Memory Care Levels IV–IX||Starting at $400 / Month|
Paying for advanced services and care on an as-needed basis benefits all Serenades at Longwood residents: Those in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia who require fewer resources to maintain their independence appreciate the lower monthly rate; families of residents who require higher levels of attention and expertise appreciate that their care fees are applied directly to their loved ones’ comfort, happiness and quality of life. For example, this fee allows us to hire the most experienced and trusted advanced-memory care staff available – and raise staffing levels if needed – for maximum care, safety and support.
Services Included in Monthly Rent
- Daily Serenades Memory Care programming
- Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care
- Licensed nurse on-site 24/7
- Medication management and assistance
- Moderate personal care*
- Permanently assigned caregivers
- Wellness and fitness programming
- Daily hydration and nutrition program
- In-house physical and occupational therapies
- Visiting physician, dental, therapy and podiatry services
- Assistance with eating, bathing, dressing and grooming
- Incontinence management
- Supervision of meals and activities
- Increased staffing ratios
- Coordination of third-party medical providers
- Aging in place hospice partnerships*
*Based on resident assessment – exclusions apply
- Sonata Senior Living’s Live It Up!SM programming
- Neighborhood family dining and recreation
- Person-directed care
- Lifelong learning lifestyle programs
- Nurturing, homelike setting
- Individual and group activities
- Interactive lifestyle stations
- Private and public gathering areas
- Fully accessible walking paths and therapeutic gardens
- Full-service salon
- Standard cable in suites
At Your Service℠ Convenience
- Move-in coordination services
- Personal laundry and flat linen services
- Three meals and snacks daily
- 24-hour family access via proxy card
- On-site maintenance personnel
Short-Term Respite & Day Stays Are Available
Please call 407-951-6450 for current rates and availability at Serenades at Longwood.
Serenades by Sonata Is Always At Your Service℠
There isn’t a memory care family in Central Florida more dedicated to ensuring the comfort and happiness of all who enter. Sonata Senior Living’s signature At Your ServiceSM philosophy and our commitment to deliver an unmatched level of care, service and hospitality with dignity and respect is shared by each carefully chosen team member.
Services: Great Care Is About the People!
- Serenades caregivers hold the highest dementia care certification in Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care and receive ongoing training from Sonata’s in-house Certified Dementia Coach and Certified Dementia Care Practitioner®
- Permanently assigned caregivers means care is delivered by friendly, familiar faces, creating special bonds and building trust between residents and care teams
- Licensed nurse is on site 24/7, and is the sole administrator of medications
- Neighborhood, family-style meals with well-balanced, nutritious choices plus snacks chosen to please individual preferences and adhere to special diets
- Partnerships with third-party medical providers who make healthcare more accessible and readily available for residents. Providers include in-house primary care physicians and visiting specialists providing physical and occupational therapies as well as dental, podiatry, lab, x-ray and hospice services
- Aging in place is fostered through hospice partnerships, allowing residents to spend their final days in the peaceful surroundings of their own homes, comforted by those who know and care for them like family
Community Amenities: Better by Design
- Small neighborhoods, family dining and recreation help resident stay connected to others without feeling overwhelmed
- Nurturing, homelike setting designed with a soft, soothing color palette
- Private and public gathering areas encourage families to visit and participate in their loved one’s care
- Fully accessible, inviting courtyard, walking paths and lushly landscaped therapeutic gardens – located internally for the optimum security and safety – engage residents and make exercise enjoyable while offering a beautiful connection to the outdoors
- Dedicated family room and children’s play area offer the perfect venues for family time or watching the grandkids in a warm and inviting environment
Conveniences: At Your Service℠
- Move-in coordination services. From medical paperwork to scheduling movers, we’re here to help!
- Electronic billing, email notifications and newsletters
- Housekeeping, personal laundry and flat-linen services provided by dementia-trained, dedicated housekeeping staff committed to keeping Serenades clean and beautiful
- Interactive TVs utilize the latest software for games, movies, personal photos and more
- Family resource library and free, educational seminars help families better understand and cope with dementia’s effects on their loved ones. We provide valuable care and communication tips, plus help families make well-informed decisions regarding their loved one’s care, legal and financial matters, and so much more
- Convenient 24-hour family access to each neighborhood via proximity card ensuring safe and secure viewing
- Full-service, on-site salon keeps residents looking and feeling good!
Serenades at Longwood’s programming resonates with our residents
Serenades at Longwood’s dementia care and life-enrichments teams use Teepa Snow’s approach to getting to know each person in our care. This helps us to properly mix and match the many activities, events, classes, exercises and other programs that will help them Live It Up!SM for optimum daily enjoyment and quality of life.
Serenades Memory Care and Sonata Senior Living’s Live It Up!SM philosophy that nurtures the seven dimensions of wellness as identified by the International Council on Active Aging®:
Physical • Emotional • Intellectual • Social • Vocational • Spiritual • Environmental
Programming choices that promote a lifestyle filled with purpose, community involvement, friendship and joy are designed by a Certified Dementia Practitioner® (CDP®) and might include:
- Making beds or setting the table
- Individual and group games and activities
- Entertaining events and celebrations
- Organized outings
- Intergenerational activities with area children’s programs
- Outdoor activities
- Fun with pet therapy animals
Serenades at Longwood’s caregivers train extensively in dementia care expert Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care, earning the highest level of certification.
One of America’s most respected leaders in Alzheimer’s care and education, Teepa Snow’s approach includes optimizing residents’ abilities, focusing on what remains instead of what has been lost, and integrating residents’ life stories, likes and dislikes into their daily activities and care for consistently positive interactions.
Serenades at Longwood residents benefit immensely from our relationship with Team Elliott Education. Team Elliott’s innovative Lifelong Learning program employs technology, research and interactive educational programs that continue to raise the standard for intellectual care within senior living communities.
Moments of Brilliance® is an intellectual opportunities program that is enthusiastically facilitated by Team Elliott Education®, engaging participants in the Lifelong Learners Hall of Fame®session series.
Our residents love MUSIC & MEMORYSM, the nationwide therapy program developed by Dan Cohen, MSW. Certain songs hold special memories for people, even those with advanced dementia. MUSIC & MEMORYSM successfully soothes those with memory loss and sparks fond memories from their pasts. Serenades at Longwood’s dementia care professionals are trained to personalize playlists with the residents’ favorite music to be listened to on iPods and other digital devices.
Review our sample floor plans below and inquire about availability.
270 sq ft
310-332 sq ft
462 sq ft
470 sq ft
ALF # 12062